Photobucket Image Hosting

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Alone Again

Just when I had so much to do this week – reports in school, reports at work, client calls and meetings – that little accident had to happen. It was largely my fault because I was not looking where I was stepping. An uneven portion of the parking lot floor sent me tumbling down on one knee with a sprained ankle. I had to climb back up my unit hopping on one leg, calling the office that I can’t report for work, and texting my groupmates that I cannot join them in our report tonight. Well, they were gracious to me, maybe because they simply loved the animated powerpoint presentation I whipped up for our report (one of the things I learned from my brother Rick).

After a few texts and phone calls, my phone was soon silent. I turned to other things to pass the time – the TV, the net, the piano, my books – but none of these satisfied me. I realized, somehow, I needed to talk to people!

In my previous entry, I said I spent my birthday alone. Yes, I may have been alone that time, but still, I interacted with people– I talked to the barista at Starbucks, the cashier at Powerbooks, the saleslady at Mossimo, some fellow members at Fitness First. I wasn’t really alone during my birthday, for there were people around me.

This time, I am confined to the four walls of my apartment. I was really alone. It can get really lonely not seeing people around you. I had this compelling desire to go out, but my swollen feet wouldn’t let me. So I had to spend my alone-time really alone. I’m just glad that God gave us access to communicate with Him. Otherwise, alone-times can really be lonely. And so we talked. And guess what we talked mostly about? People. My family, my relatives, my friends, my officemates, my classmates. We even talked about GMA and about Garci.

And before I knew it, the day was over. The doorbell rang. So did my phone. I soon had family members in the apartment, and friends at the other end of the phone line. Well, I’m not really alone after all.

4 comments:

  1. Tell me more about how you cope. I'd be interested to know. How about at Gloria Jeans on Saturday, July 16 anytime? Now the only thing that will make me cancel this is if I suddenly needed to be out of town. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how do I cope? well, i guess i just take it as a welcome break from my usual routine, which involves interacting with a lot of people. But i must admit, i can survive a day or two of isolation, but more than that is already a threat to my insanity. hehe =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw, where is gloria jeans? so far, im free saturday afternoon. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's at SM Bicutan, Building A (I think, the one nearer the Bicutan exit tollgate). Just tell me what time. I'll probably just be coming from home. :-)

    ReplyDelete